Monday, November 9, 2015

Photo Editing Tip of the Day... Learn from my mistake!!!

If I give just one piece of advice on editing photos, it will be this....When you take photos for a charity event and invest HOURS editing photos, don't just assume that your changes will save as they always do at the end of the batch.  Let's just say a certain someone just completed editing approximately 400 images, exhaled a sigh of relief because the task was complete, and went to save the batch per usual.  Well... things didn't exactly work out that way.  The program encountered an error and shut down.  I thought... oh boy, sure hope the save option on the batch is available when I open the program again.  But... that wasn't meant to be. All of my photos were there, but the changes were not.  Technology... it's great when all works well... when things go haywire, not so much.  My lesson for today is... Save after each photo. Needless to say I will have no trouble remembering to do that from this point forward! Lesson definitely learned.

I had planned to post about the charity event and share photos on my blog entry, but that will have to wait a bit longer.  Once I get back on a level playing field I will share some of the details of the event and share some photos.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment